The B.Sc. Computer Science programme seeks to impart appropriate and requisite knowledge to students to develop careers such that graduates will apply acquired Computer Science knowledge and skills to develop preferred career paths: the Computer Science knowledge acquisition will prepare and offer graduates study competencies to student who may be desirous to pursue higher academics laurels upon graduation and to offer our fututre leaders sounds moral and ethical principles based on Christian beliefs.
The following categories of students will be considered for admission:
- SSSCE: Interested and qualified applicants should have aggregate 24 or better with credit passes in six subjects: (3) Core subjects including Mathematics, English and either Integrated Science or Social Studies; and any other (3) electives
- WASSCE: Interested and qualified applicants should have aggregate 36 or better with credit passes in six subjects: (3) Core subjects including Mathematics, English and either Integrated Science or Social Studies; and any other (3) electives;
- GBCE/ABCE: Holders with passes in English and Mathematic, and any other (3) electives can apply.
- GCE ‘O’ & ‘A’ Levels: Applicants must have passes in (2) subjects and a General Paper plus (5) passes at ‘O’ Level including English, Mathematics, Arts or Science subject.
- Other Qualifications: Professional Certificate and Diploma holders of: HND, ICA, CIM, CIMA (I&II), SRN, RGN, RM, TEACHER’S CERT. ‘A’/DIPLOMA, CHN, EN, DBS, etc. can apply and may be considered for higher placement. (Please, enclose transcript(s) and result slip(s) of SSSCE/WASSCE/GCE, etc).
- Mature Applicants: Interested applicants, who do not satisfy the above criteria but are 27years and above or with work experience, can apply. The applicants will be considered to write Entrance Examination and attend Interview. You will be admitted upon passing the Examination and Interview sessions.
- Applicants with similar qualification or its equivalence (as specified above) can apply for admission consideration.
- International applicants should have a valid passport.
- Should be ready to acquire a resident permit and abide by the regulations governing the status of foreigners in Ghana.
Students in the first year of studies will take several enrichment courses that provide basic skills essential for University studies.
This skill course will include:
- Academic Writing
- Critical Thinking and Practical Reasoning
- introduction to Literature
- Pure Mathematics
- Understanding Human Societies
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Principles of Physics
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Information Technology
- object-Oriented Analysis & Design
- Data communication & Networking
- Data Communication
- Database System
- Numerical Methods & Computation
- software Engineering
- Operating Systems etc....