Faculty of Education
Position: Dean/Senior Lecturer
Office Address: Catholic University College of Ghana
P.O. Box 363, Sunyani, B/A
- (PHD, Sociology of Education) Open University Malaysia (OUM)
1. Kuranchie, A. (2020). Teachers’ experience in schools in new ethnic communities: An
exploratory study. International Journal of Teacher Education and Professional
Development. 3(2), 65-78.
2. Adjei-Yeboah, K., Kuranchie, A, & Ackah, J. Y. (2020). Francophone students’
challenges in English Language: An example of an Anglophone university in Ghana. Integrity Journal of Education of Education and Training, 4(2), 24-32.
3. Asumah, S., Kuranchie, A. & Mensah, M. K. (2019). Can welfare management
affect teachers’ performance? Evidence from Ghana. European Journal of Training and Development Studies, 6 (1), 28-41.
4. Otoo, I. C., Assumeng, J. B. & Kuranchie, A. (2019). Training and professional
practices for employees of the Ghana Education Service. International Journal of
Science and Research, 8(2), 1905-1944.
5. Gyaase, O. P., Adu-Gyamfi, S. & Kuranchie, A. (2019). Gauging the e-readiness for
the integration of ICT into pre-tertiary education in Ghana: An assessment of
teachers’ TPACK. International Journal of Information Communication
Technology in Education, 15(2), 1-17.
6. Nanyele, S., Kuranchie, A. & Owusu-Addo, A. (2018). Classroom management
practices and student disruptive behaviour. Integrity Journal of Education and Training, 2(2), 6-14.
7. Andzie, A. T., Otoo, C. T. & Kuranchie, A. (2018). Financial literacy of non-
business students: Evidence and implications. Africa Development and Resources
Research Institute (ADRRI) Journal, 27(4), 1-24.
8. Kuranchie, A. & Addo, H. (2018). Correlation between social capital and social
competence: The mediating role of parenting style. Current Educational Research, 1(5), 35-44.
9. Owusu-Addo, A., Larbi, E. & Kuranchie, A. (2018). From theory to practice: Pre-
service teachers’ experience. British Journal of Education, 6(8), 1-14.
10. Owusu-Addo, A., Kuranchie, A. & Nanyele, S. (2018). Appraisal practices in pre-
tertiary institutions: Evidence from appraisees European Journal of Training and
Development Studies, 5 (1), 1-13.
11. Suaka, P. L. & Kuranchie, A. (2018). Head teachers’ professional management
needs and concerns: Evidence from an educational district in Ghana. African Educational Research Journal, 6(1), 20-29.
12. Kuranchie, A. & Addo, H. (2017). Differential parental social capital investment in
children’s education: Research evidence. African Educational Research Journal,
13. Nyarko-Boateng, O., Kuranchie, A. & Anning, J. (2017). Relevance of e-library
facility to the delivery of education at the high school: An example from
Ghana. International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 8(5). 910-
14. Affum, P. K., Kuranchie, A. & Mensah, K. M. (2016). The place of theory in
traditional guidance and counselling in modern Ghanaian cultures. African
Educational Research Journal, 4(3), 131-139.
15. Kuranchie, A. & Addo, H, (2016). The link between social capital and learning
outcomes: A literature review. Social Science and Humanity Journal, 1, 87-100
16. Kuranchie, A. & Opoku, M. O. (2015). Examining stakeholders’ awareness and
preparedness for on-line learning in Ghana. Mediterranean Journal of Social
Science, 6(6), 469-476.
17. Kuranchie, A. & Addo, H. (2015). Review of the relevance of social competence to
child development: Lessons drawn. Academic Journal of Interdisciplinary
Studies, 4(2), 449-454.
18. Ackah, J. N. & Kuranchie, A. (2015). Foreign students’ adjustment in their early
days of their university education: The stress and strains. Academic
Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, 4(2), 399-405.
19. Kuranchie, A., Sarkodie, N. A. & Acquah, H. E. (2014). The push and pull factors
of choosing a study location. International Journal of Applied Research and Studies (iJAR). 3(5). 1-12.
20. Kuranchie, A., Twene, C., Mensah, M. K., & Arthur, C. (2014). The perceived
corrupt practices of academics: What conditions promote them? Academic
Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, 3 (1), 189-196.
21. Opoku, M. O. & Kuranchie, A. (2014). Understanding student attitude towards
computer education: A survey of SHS in the Sunyani municipality. Academic
Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, 3 (1), 11-18.
22. Mensah, K. M. & Kuranchie, A. (2013). Influence of parenting styles on social development of children. Academic Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, 2 (3), 123-129.
23. Kuranchie, A. (2013). Children and wards of low-income class and access to
university education. Academic Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, 2 (3), 19-25.
24. Mensah, K. J., Okyere, M. & Kuranchie, A. (2013). Student attitude towards
Mathematics and performance: Does the teacher attitude matter? Journal of Education and Practice. 4 (3), 132-139.
25. Arthur, C., Brafi, Osei P. & Kuranchie, A. (2013). The use of academic libraries
among students in tertiary institutions in the Sunyani Municipality, Ghana. Journal of Education and Practice, 4 (2), 117-127.
26. Kuranchie, A. (2013). The call for official teacher induction in Ghana: Revisiting the issue. Journal of Education and Practice, 4 (1), 92-100.
27. Kuranchie, A. (2012). Students’ nicknames: Their sources and effects on learning.
Journal of Education and Practice, 3 (14), 126-132.
28. Opare, J. A. & Kuranchie, A. (2010). Parents’ perception of the value of secondary education: Rural-urban location is irrelevant. Journal of Counselling, Education and Psychology, 2 (1), 165-180.
29. Opare, J. A. & Kuranchie, A. (2008). Parents’ preferred locus of responsibility for funding secondary education: A test of four models. International Journal of Educational Research, 4(1), 27-36.
Yet to be published papers
1. Kuranchie, A. (2019). Positive discrimination in assisting brilliant but needy students
to pursue education. (Accepted for publication) by Journal of Education.
2. Oppong, R. K. & Kuranchie, A. (2019). The tale of adolescent girls’ menstrual
challenges in Junior High School (Accepted for publication) by Journal of
3. Addo, H. & Kuranchie, A. (2019). Analysis of children’s social competence: An
African perspective. (Under review).
4. Kuranchie, A., Okyere, M & Larbi, A. (2019) A non-state university’s contribution to
the tertiary education landscape in Ghana (Under review).
5. Kuranchie, A. & Affum, P. K. (2019). Selection of student leaders and their training:
What happens in some faith-based schools? (Under review).
6. Kuranchie, A. (2019). Social capital provision by real and pseudo parents: Testing the
Hamilton’s kin selection theory. (In progress).
1. Kuranchie, A. (2019). The educator’s guide. (2nd ed.). Kumasi: Bookworm Publications. ISBN:978–9988–2–1136–3
2. Okyere, M., Kuranchie, A., Larbi, E. & Twene, C. (2018). Essentials of assessment in
schools. Kumasi: Great Impressions. ISBN:978–9988–2–7360–6
3. Kuranchie, A. (2016). Research made easy. (2nd ed.). Kumasi: Bookworm
Gyaase, P. O., Adu Gyamfi, S., Kuranchie, A. & Koomson, F. S. (2020). The integration
of Information and Communication Technology in pre-university education in
Ghana: A principal component analysis. Handbook on Research on Diverse
Teaching Strategy for the Technology-Rich Classroom. IGI Global, pp109-123.