In order to reside in Ghana legally, there are a few basic procedures that all must go through, whether you are an African born in the Diaspora (repatriate) or a European (expatriate) seeking to exploit Ghana's vast resources, the rules apply the same. The Ghana Immigration Service is the frontline agency responsible for the entry, residence and employment of foreign nationals in Ghana in accordance with the provision of the Immigration Act (Act 573), 2000.
Students are given permission to reside in Ghana for the extent of their term in school. Students who apply to study at Catholic University College of Ghana will be assisted by the University to obtain their residence permit. Students who wish to extend their stay or obtain Residence permit are therefore suppose to inform the Office of the Registry about it.
The following additional requirements will have to be met irrespective of nationality before the issuance of such a permit :
• One should enter with a valid travel document i.e. (passport, Ecowas Travel Document) and an evidence of admission letter from an accredited institution.
• Should have an offer of approved course from an Accredited institution.
• Should show how proof of exemption or payment of required course fees.
• Should present a guarantee of accommodation.
• Should provide evidence of financial support.
• Should pay the prescribed fees for residence permit.
• Should complete an application form together with two (2) passport size photographs.
RENEWAL OF PERMITS
Students seeking renewal of their residence permits are to provide the following :
• A letter of application from the school.
• A completed application form.
• Four passport size photographs.
if you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us:
Catholic University College of Ghana